LinkedIn recently accounced that the company page will be getting a design overhaul. When I say company page we’re actually talking about your company page and if you don’t have one yet then check out this post in the Social Media Examiner on creating one.
This news has been in the pipeline for a while and following the announcement marketing software company, Hubspot, has written a couple of useful posts covering the details. I’ve pasted their general overview below and I also recommend you read their detailed analysis here.
Top level changes
- More prominently featured page elements, such as Company Updates and the Products & Services sections of your page.
- The ability to add a cover-style image that represents your company/brand to the top of your page.
- The availability of Company Pages on iPhone, Android, and iPad apps.
- A new look for the Career Pages section for select Company Pages.
- A more obvious, prominently displayed option for targeting your Company Updates to certain segments of your audience.
Only a select number of companies have already received the upgrade. The rest will be rolled out between now and the end of the year so when your time comes be sure to take advantage of it.